Thursday, June 20, 2013

Freshly fried, red hot motherboard!

It's been really hot in Karachi these days, temperatures go up to 88F like today. My sister fried up her notebook's motherboard which is presumably the problem I troubleshooted. As the day went by I went to a local computer store near my house to get the problem fixed. Ranting around, trying to find the right store, I stepped into one of the fancy looking stores in the strip market. The sales man diverted me towards the "Technician" who was supposed to help resolve this issue. Lets not to forget how he managed to tell me that there was a display problem which is why the laptop wouldnt turn on. He kept the notebook for a good 24 hours and then returned it. He said it would cost me PKR 15,000 to get it fixed as the the motherboard and graphic card had fried up. I had partially lost hope...

No comments: