Thursday, May 8, 2014

Google Drive on Ubuntu 14.04

Note: Posting this after quite a few months folks, have been busy with Projects and assignments.


Anyways, so Its been a year and a half since I switched to Ubuntu and since then I've been in love with how you can break the barriers with a Linux Operating system. I upgraded to the 14.04 Long Term Support release a few days ago and thought that I should back up some of my data from drop box (being smaller in size) to Google Drive (15 gig storage on the cloud).

The Ubuntu Software center already proived a native Drop box app, but not for the google drive. So I googled and I found something!

Just to summarize it all, the you can go to the Ubuntu Terminal (Ctrl+T for most) and enter the commands mentioned below!






Wallah! You now have Google drive on your Ubuntu 14.04 :D

To setup Google drive after you have installed its package, type the command below in the terminal to configure. 

No comments: